Kestrel Paramotor Cage From Florida Powered Paragliding:
PRODUCT REVIEW VIDEO:
ALL NEW HOOP: You probably noticed the new “teardrop shape” of the outer hoop instead of the classic circular design. Aside from the WOW factor, this further increases the strength of the cage while also increasing its aerodynamic potential. All connection points have been carefully Tig Welded and the Cage features a two-tone powder-coated finish for a long-lasting beautiful look. The connection seam where the main hoop assembles has been relocated to the side instead of the very top. For Pilots who are concerned about “cage-flex” on those power-forward launches, this ensures extra strength where they need it the most. Even beginner Pilots will now have a frame in the “ultralight” range that is strong enough and forgiving enough to easily handle the demands of those new to the sport.
New Teardrop Hoop on The Kestrel V3! (Click Image to Enlarge)
IMPROVED “CG” AND COMPATIBILITY: BlackHawk has been working on a new engine mounting plate which will come standard with the 2019 Kestrel V3 Cage. This makes the same Kestrel main frame compatible with several different BlackHawk engines. This new design has allowed us to eliminate the previously used spacers and banana brackets! This saves weight while moving the motor even closer to the Pilot’s back – creating a lighter feel and more efficient center-of-gravity. The prop placement is also now 2 ½” set back from the cage hoop which greatly reduces the chances of ever having a prop strike the cage.
LOW-PROFILE “KICKSTAND”: In the past, BlackHawk used a semi-pronounced 3” “kickstand” (metal bar to help the motor remain upright while not in use). We’ve managed to shorten this metal bar to 1”, while still achieving sufficient stability when the motor is sitting upright on the ground. This eliminates more weight and prevents the bar from bending if it makes contact with the ground on takeoff / landing.
LET’S TALK WEIGHT: With all of these new features, BlackHawk has still managed to keep the 2019 Kestrel V3 the same weight as the original Kestrel design! Instead of eliminating certain safety features or compromising the incredible strength of this cage, we’ve found the perfect balance of both safety and strength.
WANT EVEN MORE? GO ELITE!: Of course we also have a NEW Team Series “Kestrel V3 Pro Elite” cage available for Pilots who want even more from their Paramotoring experience. This ultimate upgrade features a carbon fiber seat board, carbon fiber rods, and fully CNC’d “Acro Arms.” The V3 Pro Elite is also 2 lbs lighter than the standard Kestrel V3!
Kestrel Paramotor Frame Features:
- Extreme comfort design for long cross-country flights
- The most rigid single-hoop Paramotor Frame we’ve ever produced”
- Improved Thrust-Line for faster / easier takeoff
- NEW Teardrop Hoop shape for strength & performance
- Newly relocated connection seam for reduced cage-flex during power-forward launching
- We’ve eliminated the spacers & banana brackets for reduced weight and better CG
- 1 ¾ inch net openings – knotted on all 4 corners for maximum safety
- Netting is held low on the main frame, thereby minimizing possible direct contact with the motor or prop
- Cage and frame break down with ease for travel
- 3.2 gallon high-quality UV protected gas tank with wrinkled texture
- Performance-enhancing pull-start is set back into the frame cavity. Motor is mounted close to the pilots back:
- Reduces the feel of the motor’s weight on the pilot
- Decreases the torque while in-flight
- Enhances the ability to weight-shift
- All connection points are carefully Tig-Welded
- Universal mounting plate for greater motor compatibility
- Newly designed Kickstand for durability and less overall weight
- Dual tightening bands on netting to retain tightness and for added protection
- Unique, easy-to-install & adjust netting strap system
- Main frame can be disassembled into sections, allowing unit to be packed into a suitcase
- Sump & fuel line located in the bottom of fuel tank for FULL fuel usage
- Prop placement is 2.5 inches setback from cage hoop allowing for cage flex clearance
- Beautiful 2-tone Powder-coated finish for long life protection from the elements
- Kestrel V3 Pro Elite Features:
- Carbon Fiber Seat Board and Lid for optimal weight-shift capability
- Fully CNC’d Acro Arms for Professional Pilots
- Carbon Fiber Cage Rods
- Package Deals with the V3 Elite INCLUDE a Carbon Fiber Prop
FRAME ALONE (Standard Kestrel Pro V3): 8.5 lbs.
Complete WITH BlackHawk 90 Paramotor: 43.0 lbs.
Complete WITH BlackHawk 125 Paramotor: 46 lbs.
Complete WITH BlackHawk Talon 190 Paramotor (INCLUDING Electric Start): 58 lbs.
Kestrel Pro V3 (without motor purchase): $2200
Kestrel Pro V3 Elite Cage – Carbon Fiber Rods, Carbon Fiber Seat Board & Lid, & Fully CNC’d Acro Arms $2600
NOTE: If you already own a BlackHawk Cage and need replacement parts, you can also call us directly for pricing.