Why Choose Florida Powered Paragliding For Your Paramotor Lessons?
Welcome to your next great adventure! Florida Powered Paragliding is an Authorized Dealer for BlackHawk Paramotors USA and offers the most complete & inclusive Instruction in the Industry. Florida Powered Paragliding has years of experience and has changed the lives of countless students. In just 5-7 days, our students will acquire the skills necessary to fly safely and confidently on their own. We offer professional Foot-Launch Instruction, Paramotor Quad Instruction, and Paragliding lessons. Relationship-building is very important to us. We make an effort to get to know each student as an individual and understand the best way to convey the concepts of flight. Everyone learns differently and at a different rate. We understand this and customize each training session to meet each student’s needs. Florida Powered Paragliding also specializes in helping everyone to work within any limitations they may have to become the best pilot they can be. Age, physical condition, or disabilities our students have are taken into consideration so that we may provide the best training experience possible. Additionally, we pride ourselves on offering the best customer support available, both before and after the sale. Come train with us and experience first-hand, the life-changing sport of Powered Paragliding!
One Student’s Training Journey With BlackHawk Paramotors:
Florida has some amazing places to take your first Paramotor Flight. With such a wide variety of scenic landscape and terrain, Florida has become an East-Coast mecca for Personal Aviation. Our students start their Training Journey at the Homestead General Aviation Airport. The Airport covers 960 acres and is situated at 7 feet (2 m) above sea level. With two asphalt-paved runways, an Ultralight Turf runway, beautiful fully-manicured fields, and unlimited open space, this is the perfect environment to facilitate Powered Paragliding Lessons! What better place to learn how to fly than an actual airport! Consistent Eastern winds provide the ideal training conditions in the mornings and afternoons, allowing students to maximize their training time. If wind conditions are not ideal (due to thermal activity or changing weather), students will spend time studying the syllabus or going over machine maintenance. To accommodate student’s busy schedules, training is held here 7 days a week, 365 days out of the year. Students begin by learning the finer points of “ground handling” or “kiting” and this process may take several days – depending on the student’s progression. Once a student has displayed the appropriate skills and knowledge to fly confidently on their own, they take their first solo flight on our spacious “dedicated Ultralight Field.” Students have the opportunity to fly in a variety of locations to maximize their Training experience. We are a full-service Training Center, therefore offering machine maintenance on site, and have parts readily available for customers.
What is Included With Paramotor Training?
This is a COMPLETE course to learn the “ins and outs” of Powered Paragliding. Our Paramotor Course will provide all the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and confidently fly on your own. We cover everything you will need to know about the equipment, properly setting up for a successful launch, how to stay safe in the air, and how to land. We will cover the fundamentals of basic machine maintenance, weather conditions, and many little “tricks” that would take years to acquire on your own. Class size is limited to ensure a one-on-one quality experience, so please call to reserve your spot. If you are rusty and haven’t flown in a while, we also offer FREE refresher courses to our students. We are here to serve you now and support you in the future!
Just a few things covered in our Beginner Training Course:
- A review of all the gear and understanding of the equipment
- A review of the different parts of a Paraglider, what they do, and why
- How to put the harness on, adjust it for comfort, and safety procedures for proper use
- Procedures for handling high-wind launches such as “reverse launching”
- Procedures for handling low or zero wind launches such as “forward launching”
- Beginner ground handling or “kiting” of the glider – This includes proper inflation and brake-toggle control
- How to control the wing while going from a reverse to forward launch position
- How to control the glider without a harness and various weight-shift techniques while on the ground or in flight
- Simulated launch techniques with and without the motor (both forward and reverse techniques)
- Powered winch tows for complete control of your first in-air experience
- Mastering flight or “glider control” before ever leaving the ground
- How to properly get into your harness after launching, and how to safely get out of the harness while landing
- A thorough discussion of your first solo flight which includes: launch technique, a flight course direction to safely follow, adjustment of the throttle, turning while in-flight, and landing procedures
- How to properly warm-up the motor for a long-lasting engine
- How to conduct a pre-flight safety inspection
- Handling of unpredictable conditions or situations in a safe and controlled manor
- Multiple touch-and-go flights to gain the confidence to fly without the instructor’s guidance
- Proper oil and gas mixtures, spark plug gaps, cleaning the engine, and other basic machine maintenance
- Glider maintenance for a long-life, including: folding, storing, and care methods
- Discussion of where and when to fly safely
- A review of the FAR part 103 regulations pertaining to the sport of Powered Paragliding
- A review of the various equipment and accessory options available on the market
- TRAINING PRICES:
FOOT LAUNCH, TRIKE, OR QUAD TRAINING:
With the Purchase of a Package: $1500
Without the Purchase of a Package: $1950
To Get Started, CALL US:
INTRODUCTORY PPG LESSONS :
Hands-on light ground training, a great way to “get your feet wet” and see if this sport is right for you.
All your questions will be answered. No prior experience necessary. If you decide to go forward, payment will go towards full training.
$250 (about 3 hours)
DAY RATE TRAINING (pay as you go):
Great for those who have prior experience and need to finish their training.
$300/day (UP TO 4 HOURS)
Students who don’t live in the vicinity will normally stay in one of the many local hotels… Simply click the following link to contact them and arrange lodging: